These days, the world is all set to lose restrictions against the pandemic. Though rising cases still warn us to take the situation seriously. In such instances, our ultimate duty should be to keep up our defenses against it. Cleaning and sanitizing the surfaces in our home is our weapon. Since the kitchen gathers most of the traffic, sanitizing it can protect your family to a major extent. Besides cleaning, you need to disinfect all the surfaces. This is the only direct and right way to get healthy results. Using harsh chemicals is not going to help you to get rid of the germs. Instead, it may damage your countertop surface. To help you avoid every such mistake, we have created this brief guide. Read on to know how to disinfect quartz countertops for maximum protection.
Qualities Of Quartz Countertops
Quartz is elegant, durable, and easier to maintain when compared to other countertop materials. Besides aesthetic values, the manufacturing process of quartz grants the stone the unique property of being non-porous. It means the stone does not have small pores for the liquid to seep in. This is one of the biggest advantages of quartz countertops. Being non-porous renders the quartz material with the following benefits:
- Harmful microorganisms like bacteria and germs cannot reside on it.
- Cleaning the countertops requires very little time and effort. The surface is stain-free and hence more sanitary.
- Quartz poses no potential health threats. It is a safe food preparation surface, as certified by the National Sanitation Foundation.
How To Disinfect Quartz Countertops?
To eliminate the threat of COVID-19 from your home, you need to begin with protecting your countertop surfaces. For that, you need to know the proper way of disinfecting the material. Read carefully to catch every single detail and ensure maximum safety.
First of all, gather the necessary equipment for full protection. You must have:
- Waterproof gloves or dishwashing gloves
- Disposable gowns
- Mask and goggles
- Soap or detergent and disinfectants
- Warm water
- Trash bags
Steps To Disinfect Quartz Kitchen Countertops:
1. Begin with wearing your safety kit: mask, goggles, gown, and gloves.
2. Using a brush or sponge, remove all spills sticking to the surface with warm water.
3. Rinse off with clean water and wipe with a clean towel.
4. Apply the disinfectant as per the directions labeled on it. Let it be in contact with the surface for 10 minutes. Then wipe it off with a clean towel.
5. Leave the surface open to the air so that it can dry sufficiently. Using the surface wet invites ample hazards. So here you need to wait for the surface to get dried.
You are all done! Immediately place your gloves inside the trash bag and wash your hands to avoid risk if any.
How Frequently You Should Disinfect Quartz Countertops?
For maximum protection, one should disinfect quartz countertop at least twice a day. This is the least you can do as everyone is home. As a result, the chances of the surface getting contaminated are many. Cleaning the countertops twice ensures that the surface is hygienic and free from every sort of contamination.
What Not To Use On Quartz?
Using harsh chemicals on a quartz countertop can damage it. So even when CDC recommends it for disinfection, never try disinfecting the countertop with bleach. It may corrode the quartz countertop surface.
The alcohol solution is the best kitchen counter disinfectant when it is 70% concentrated. Below this percentage, the solution is ineffective. Hence, use your disinfectant solution keeping the necessary alcohol concentration in mind.
Imperial Vanities – Your Quartz Countertop Guiding Light
In this situation, attending the basic approaches is the least one could do. The time is tough. Leaving anything to chance is highly formidable. Cleaning and disinfecting the surfaces of our living spaces, we can move towards better safety. Making this simple effort, we can reduce the chances of getting infected by contagious COVID-19. Hence, it’s well worth the effort.
In these tough times, Imperial Vanities is taking every vital measure for hygiene. Ensuring the health and safety of our workers as well as our customers is our top priority. Right from manufacturing to supplying and installing a quartz countertop, we make sure every single thing is sanitized.
If you have any questions related to our products and services, please reach out to us. We are here to serve you and guide you in how you can keep your quartz countertops safe and healthy all the time.